South Dumfries Historical Society

The Museum & Archives covers the history of the former South Dumfries Township in the County of Brant. The site is located in the St. George Memorial Hall, a 1891 former commercial building that was renovated and donated to the community in 1925 as a memorial to those who had served in the Great War.

The collection was begun in the 1970s as the Old School Museum in the former St. George Public School. The exhibits were later transferred to the Township offices in Sunnyside. When that building was sold, space was made available in the former library section of the Memorial Hall, and the museum was maintained by the local Trade and Tourism Association. The South Dumfries Historical Society was formed in 2003 to assume operation of the museum and to promote awareness of the community’s heritage.

HoursOpenClosed
MondayCLOSEDCLOSED
TuesdayCLOSEDCLOSED
Wednesday11:00 AM4:30 PM
ThursdayCLOSEDCLOSED
Friday11:00 AM4:00 PM
Saturday11:00 AM2:00 PM
SundayCLOSEDCLOSED

Telephone: (519) 448-3265
Website: http://www.southdumfrieshistory.ca/

The South Dumfries Historical Society is supported by …